Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thing 4 : Online Communities

I've been a member of Facebook for awhile now, but I find I'm an "irregular." For awhile I check regularly and sometimes even post, but then I drop out.  I got out of the habit in January and only looked at my page once in awhile over the past few months. I like the posts that provide what I think is useful information, but I'm not so interested in the who-is-doing-what-when stuff.  I can hardly keep up with what I am doing, never mind everybody else!  I keep wondering where people find the time....

I do like the Learn With CDLC page, though.  Guess it's because it has useful information!

Perhaps some of my issues have to do with the work/private interface.  Facebook seems to bring those parts of my life face to face with each other, and that might be awkward sometimes. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Facebook. I originally joined to keep abreast of work-related things, but now have more personal friends. If I realized this was going to happen, I could have started with two separate accounts, but that would be more to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder too how people find the time to follow all these applications. I occasionally-like tonight-will sit down and "fool around" on the computer but when I look up and see 2 hours have passed- I feel a bit guilty wasting all this time when I "should" be doing a million other things ie: like laundry or housework-LOL. Mostly it's just a time waster when I am bored since I am not a big television watcher.
    Facebook I joined for other reasons but it was nice to reconnect with alot of old high school friends since we are all pretty far flung-locationwise-and it's nice to see what they are up to and that they are doing well:)

    ReplyDelete