Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blogging: Day 2

One of the things I learned yesterday  is that I need to read all of the instructions!  And one of the instructions I didn't read was to say a little bit about myself, so I'll do that now.  I'm the director of the Capital District Library Council (sponsor of this great learning experience!).  I've been at CDLC since the fall of 1998 after spending 12 years at Union College's Schaffer Library and 6 at Folsom Library at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. 

I know I need to do some of this each day to get comfortable with the process and remember how to sign in.  I'm lucky that many of my colleagues at CDLC are also participating, so we can help each other if we have questions.

Questions of the day:  How many Schaffer Libraries are there in the CDLC region, and where are they??

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jean
    I think there are just 3 Schaffer libraries in the capital district - Albany Medical College, Albany Law School, and at Union College. I had the pleasure of working at all three!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you worked at all of them. I wonder if there are any more people out there with that track record?? That's the question for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean. That's interesting about the Schaffer libraries. My husband works at Albany Law School, and for some reason, I always thought that they were loosely connected with Union College.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albany Law School, Albany Med, and Union College are as far as I know still under the umbrella of Union University. Your description of a loose connection is appropriate. I don't know how the new Union Graduate College fits in. I think I'll try to find out.

    ReplyDelete